Personal Loans for the Police Family
We aim to help the Police family lead a financially healthier and happier life, that's why we've partnered up with No1 CopperPot Credit Union to make you aware of some of their personal loans.
No1 CopperPot Credit Union are one of the biggest Police credit unions in the UK offering savings and lending products to meet the needs of the Police family.
A No1 CopperPot Credit Union loan is an option that could help you to consolidate existing debts or help you achieve a certain goal such as purchasing a new car, a wedding or making home improvements.
If you refinance any existing debts, you may pay a higher rate of interest or make repayments over a longer term. This means you may pay more interest overall.
- Choose the type of loan which is right for you
- Apply online
- Repay your loan with payroll deduction (where available) or Direct Debit
- Borrow a maximum of £35,000 across all unsecured lending with No1 CopperPot Credit Union, however this does not include the Commutation Loan
- You can repay the loan at any time fully or partially without charge
- Are a serving or retired Police Officer, Police staff, Police Special, PCSO
- Are a direct family member of a police member (living at the same address)
- Are aged 18 or over and a UK resident (all loans must be repaid by your 70th birthday)
- Are a member of No1 CopperPot Credit Union (you can apply for membership within your loan application if you aren’t already a member). Please note, to become a member of No1 CopperPot Credit Union you must open a Member Account, which is a regular savings account
- Are applying for a Commutation Loan, you are expected to retire within 24 months of submitting your loan application.
- Life Protection is included with all No1 CopperPot Credit Union personal loans and covers you up until your 70th birthday. This does not cost you anything, it is simply another benefit of borrowing with the Credit Union. Loans are protected up to £40,000 per member. All benefits are paid at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Life Protection is not an insurance policy and is not guaranteed.
- All loans are subject to affordability and No1 CopperPot Credit Union's lending criteria.
- No1 CopperPot Credit Union personal loans are not a regulated consumer credit product. This does not affect your Financial Ombudsman rights.
PMGI Limited will receive an introduction fee from No1 CopperPot Credit Union of 2% of the gross loan amount when the loan is paid into your nominated bank account.
PMGI Limited, trading as Police Mutual acts as an introducer for Number One Police Credit Union Limited who provide a range of consumer loan products for members. This introduction is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
No1 CopperPot Credit Union is a trading name of Number One Police Credit Union Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 213301. Registered number IP000078. Registered office: Slater House, Oakfield Road, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 3GX.
PMGI Limited, trading as Police Mutual, is registered in England and Wales, company number 1073408. Registered office: 80 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4BY.